Understanding AS1926-2012 Standards
Your outdoor pool and spa bring about joyous moments and entertainment for your family and friends. Our children most especially enjoy playing in and around the pool, and for this reason it’s critical to ensure safety around your pool and spa at all times.
Our customers often ask us about pool & spa fencing regulations. It's true that pool fencing is regulated strictly, and for those who are at the start of a first pool fencing project, these laws can seem complicated.
The AGPF team are highly experienced and knowledgeable regarding all Victorian laws and standards. We can ensure your project adheres to these laws correctly, so you can relax, knowing your family and friends can enjoy your pool all year round.
Key AS1926-2012 Requirements
AS1926-2012 is the Australian Standards covering the pool and spa fencing requirements in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the ACT. Some of the AS1926-2012 requirements include:
- Pool fence heights must be at least 1.2m in height
- Pool fences must have a Non-Climbable Zone (NCZ) of 900mm on the outside of the fence
- The NCZ must be free from objects that could provide climbing access to the pool, including trees, BBQs, chairs and toys.
- The maximum allowable vertical gap in the fence is 100mm
- The gap at the bottom of the fence is limited to a maximum of 100mm
- Pool fence gates must be fitted with a self-closing device.
For more detailed information, please feel free to visit the page on our website dedicated to this topic.
Alternatively, if you’d like to find out more about Australia’s pool regulations and standards, get in touch with AGPF directly.
Our friendly team of experts are more than happy to help you review your pool’s needs and determine the best products to ensure the safety of your family.